Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
Home Instructions Before Oral Surgery
Please follow these instructions to prepare for oral surgery with IV Sedation.
- Do NOT eat or drink 6 hours prior to your scheduled appointment.
NOTHING BY MOUTH – NO WATER, COFFEE, GUM, MINTS, ETC.
(Doing so can be life threatening and will result in cancellation of your
- You MUST have an escort with you that will be able to drive you home. You should also plan to have someone care for you through the evening.
- Your driver must remain in the office from your arrival until you are discharged; they may not leave for any reason. Please be aware if your driver leaves the office at any point, your surgery will be rescheduled and your account charged $50.00.
- We ask please no more than 1 or 2 guests due to limited seating.
- Wear comfortable clothing with easily accessible arms.
- Please take all medications as you would routinely. Do not discontinue medications unless instructed to do so by your doctor. Take with a small sip (less than one ounce) of water.